Dr. M. Ravichandran
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. M. Ravichandran has assumed charge as Director, NCAOR, Goa on November 02, 2016.
He obtained his Ph.D degree in Physics from University of Pune. He worked as a Scientist in Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (ESSO-IITM), Pune during the year 1988 to 1997 in the field of Atmospheric Science.
Later he moved to National Institute of Ocean Technology (ESSO-NIOT), Chennai in the year 1997. He was working in the field of Ocean Observing System (Marine Meteorology) at ESSO-NIOT until 2001. He joined as a Scientist at Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (ESSO-INCOIS) in the year 2001. Presently he is working in the field of Physical Oceanography, mainly dealing with ocean observing System and ocean modeling.
1. Atmospheric Physics & Ocean Dynamics
2. Marine Meteorology & Air-sea interaction
3. Ocean Observing Systems
4. Ocean Modeling
Member of International committee / bodies
1. Co-Chair, CLIVAR/IOC-GOOS Indian Ocean Region Panel [http://www.clivar.org/clivar-panels/indian]
2. Member, International Argo Steering Team [http://www.argo.ucsd.edu/]
3. Member, SIBER (Sustained Indian Ocean Biogeochemical and Ecological Research ) Scientific Steering Committee [http://www.incois.gov.in/Incois/siber/siber.jsp]